As a reminder, the Melissa Homecoming Celebration will take place tonight, Wednesday, Oct. 20, along Cardinal Drive near the Sixth Grade Center, Cardinal Stadium, Melissa Middle School, and Melissa City Hall. Festivities begin at 5:00 p.m. and are expected to last until approximately 7:30 p.m.
For the duration of the celebration, there will be restricted public parking and road access in the area. Spectators are encouraged to walk or carpool, if possible.
Harrison Street will be closed in order to accommodate the parade line-up. Please take note of the parking advisories and parking map below. When parking any motor vehicle, do not block driveways or fire hydrants.
Public parking WILL NOT be available in the following areas: (only accessible to parade floats)
- In front of or behind the main middle school building.
- The south parking lot at Zadow Park.
- Anywhere at Cardinal Stadium.
Public parking WILL be available in the following areas:
- The north parking lot at Zadow Park.
- The parking lot located east of the middle school portable buildings.
- The grassy area located north of the middle school portable buildings.
- The front parking lot at the Sixth Grade Center (only accessible via Cardinal Drive).
- The front parking lot at the Melissa Ridge Education Center (only accessible via the south entrance on Fannin Street).
- On the streets within the Villages subdivision, west of Melissa Middle School.
More detailed information regarding the Melissa Homecoming Celebration can be accessed online at www.melissaisd.org/homecoming.