For the duration of the Melissa Homecoming Celebration on Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2022, from 5 p.m. to approximately 7:30 p.m., public parking and road access will be restricted along Cardinal Drive, spanning from Fannin Street to Melissa City Hall. Harrison Street will be closed in order to accommodate the parade line-up.
Spectators are encouraged to walk or carpool to the festivities, if possible. As a reminder, when parking any motor vehicle, do not block driveways or fire hydrants. Prior to the event, please review the public parking and no parking zones as well as the parade route outlined on the Homecoming Parade Map.
Public parking WILL be available in the following areas:
- The north parking lot at Zadow Park.
- The parking lot located east of the Melissa Middle School portable buildings.
- The grassy area located north of the Melissa Middle School portable buildings.
- The front parking lot at the Sixth Grade Center (only accessible via Cardinal Drive).
- The front parking lot at the Melissa Ridge Education Center (only accessible via the south entrance on Fannin Street).
- On the streets within the Villages subdivision, west of Melissa Middle School.
Public parking WILL NOT be available in the following areas; these areas are only accessible to parade floats:
- In front of or behind the Melissa Middle School main building.
- The south parking lot at Zadow Park.
- Anywhere at Cardinal Stadium.
For information regarding this week’s Homecoming festivities, including the Melissa Homecoming Celebration, visit www.melissaisd.org/homecoming.