By purchasing a parking permit, the student assumes the responsibility of driving a vehicle on campus and must abide by the rules and regulations listed below.
General Rules & Regulations
Melissa High School does not have Open Campus during lunch. By no means can students leave the campus during lunch, even with a parent note or email. This is for the safety of students.
The student agrees to:
- Purchase and display a parking permit for each vehicle I will be driving to campus on a regular basis.
- Check out a temporary parking permit for any vehicle I will be driving to campus on a temporary basis (located in main office).
- Maintain the speed limit of 5 MPH or below while on school grounds.
- Refrain from loitering in the parking lot.
- Be responsible for my car, its contents, and its use.
- Be responsible if a passenger or a driver of my car breaks this agreement even if I am not in the car at the time of the infraction.
- Park my car in an orderly manner in the designated STUDENT parking spaces.
- Allow my vehicle to be searched in the event such a search is deemed necessary by school personnel or district contracted services.
- Be currently licensed to drive in the State of Texas and have a current auto insurance policy.
- Obtain a parking permit from the main office for each car brought on campus and display properly.
- Have received decal application instructions and understand that parking permit will be placed above the registration sticker on the driver’s side of the vehicle.
The student understands that failure to follow these rules and regulations will result in one or more of the following consequences:
- Verbal and/or written warning, with possible placement of orange sticker on window.
- Boot on vehicle and/or fine.
- Loss of driving privileges on the Melissa High School campus.
- Vehicle being towed at the owner’s expense.
Senior Reserved Parking
The Senior Parking Painting Days for the 2020-2021 school year are August 24-28, 2020 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Painting must be within the 4’x8′ guidelines.
- Artwork must be approved by Mrs. Malone prior to painting. If your artwork has not yet been approved, please email the artwork to email@example.com.
- Artwork must be of the approved picture and cannot include any offensive languages, pictures, or symbols.
- If you do not follow these guidelines, you will be asked to paint over your space.
Questions regarding student parking permits can be directed to Mrs. Malone.
Receptionist, Melissa High School