As of Sept. 10, 2021, the K-6 Online Program interest survey and waitlist are now closed. Interested families are asked to read the updated program overview and complete the commitment form published at www.melissaisd.org/k6online.
With the final passage of new state legislation, Melissa ISD will be opening an online program, available for the 2021-2022 school year, to the majority of students who are too young to receive a COVID-19 vaccination at this time; this will include students in grades K-6. The online program is expected to open by the end of September.
Families of Melissa ISD students who are interested in the program must complete the 2021-2022 K-6 Online Program Interest Survey by Monday, Sept. 6, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Program Details & Requirements:
- The online program will be open to Melissa ISD students in Kindergarten through 6th grade.
- Instruction will be both synchronous and asynchronous, completed 100% online.
- Students will receive educational materials (i.e. books, manipulatives, etc.) to support their online coursework.
- Parents and guardians will need to be active participants with their students to ensure successful completion of the coursework.
- There will be an onsite classroom devoted to students who need to come up to school for individual help in-person.
- Daily attendance will be required and recorded through interaction with online coursework and scheduled online teacher sessions.
- Ronnie Havens will serve as the principal of the online program.
- Once a student enters the program, they must remain there until the completion of the semester. At the completion of the semester, the student has the option to switch back to in-person school. Students are not able to switch back-and-forth from the online program to in-person school in the middle of a semester.
- The online program will only be offered to students who live within the Melissa ISD attendance boundaries or who already have an approved transfer.
- The online program will be offered through the end of the 2021-2022 school year. In the spring of 2022, the district will reevaluate interest in the program.
In order to properly staff the online program, Melissa ISD must have an estimated number of students who wish to attend.
If you are interested in having your student attend this program, please complete the 2021-2022 K-6 Online Program Interest Survey by Monday, Sept. 6, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. The district will contact the families who respond to the survey to inform them of the next steps regarding the online program.
Families who miss the survey window, please fill out this form to be added to the waitlist.