Melissa Schools will celebrate Kindness Week from May 20-24, 2019. Students, staff, and the community are encouraged to join in on what has become an annual tradition by participating in one or all of the activities listed below.
Kindness Week Activities
- Share a kindness story. Submit your story online by Friday, May 17 at www.melissaisd.org/kindness.
- Plan a Random Act of Kindness for a friend, family member, or community member.
- Post on social media what kindness means to you, and include the hashtag #CardinalKindness.
Kindness Week is declared each year in collaboration with the City of Melissa, with an official City proclamation. The Kindness Week proclamation reminds us that:
- Respect, dignity, compassion, and humility are essential in creating and maintaining a civilized society.
- We hold the power of kindness within us.
- In using our power of kindness, we can create a ripple effect.
- Everyone can make a difference in our community and our world.
- Through random acts of kindness, we can help to make our community a better place, and ourselves and those around us better people.
- We all can cultivate caring, kindness, and compassion within our community through random acts of kindness.
Follow the Kindness Week initiative through the hashtag #CardinalKindness on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. To learn more, visit www.melissaisd.org/kindness.
Maddie Coe, Community Relations