Students currently in 8th-11th grade, along with parents/guardians, are invited to attend the Academic Expo at Melissa High School on Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2020 from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. to gather information about classes and programs offered for the 2020-2021 school year. This is a come-and-go event designed to assist students and parents in making informed decisions when selecting classes for the upcoming year.
A meeting for incoming freshmen will be held prior to the Academic Expo in the Student Union beginning at 5:30 p.m.
Join the Facebook Event
Helpful Tips for the Academic Expo:
- Bring your Course Request sheet to the event.
- It’s important to take courses within your endorsement area(s): Business & Industry, Arts and Humanities, Public Service, STEM, and/or Multidisciplinary. Determine the courses that interest you and visit those teachers to learn more about the course.
- If you have questions about honors or dual credit courses visit with the English, Math, Science, Social Studies teachers, or Counselors.
- Prioritize your elective courses you wish to take, with #1 being your top choice. Follow the instructions on your Course Request sheet as to how many choices to rank.
- All Course Request forms must be completed and submitted to your English teacher by Feb. 7, 2020.
- All 8th graders must also turn in your 4 Year Planning Document form to your English teacher by Feb. 7, 2020. This form is located in the MHS Course Catalog and will be provided at the Academic Expo and online.