Melissa ISD offers a full-day qualifying Pre-Kindergarten program. Students must be four (4) years of age on or before Sept. 1 of the target school year and meet one of the qualifying criterion below.
The focus of the Pre-Kindergarten program is to develop oral language, prerequisite skills for emergent readers and early math concepts, and to build readiness skills for successful entry into Kindergarten.
The program is free for qualifying students.
Students must meet one of the qualifying criterion in order to register for Pre-Kindergarten:
- Staying with a friend or relative because of loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason.
- In a hotel or motel because of loss of housing or economic hardship.
- In an unsheltered location, such as:
- a tent
- a car or truck or van
- an abandoned building
- on the streets
- at a campground
- in the park
- in a bus or train station
- other similar place
- In a place that does not have windows, doors, running water, heat, electricity, or is overcrowded.
- In a transitional housing program.
- In a shelter.
- The student lives here because of a natural disaster.
A parent or guardian enrolling a child in Pre-Kindergarten must complete the Eligibility Form. You will present this form at the time of your campus appointment finalizing your child’s enrollment.
Un padre o tutor que inscribe a un niño en Pre-Kindergarten debe completar el Formulario de Elegibilidad. Presentará este formulario al momento de su cita en el campus para finalizar la inscripción de su hijo.
Does your child meet one of the Pre-Kindergarten qualifications?
Do you have questions about the enrollment/registration process? Please contact your child's campus registrar for assistance. You will find their contact information below.