Melissa ISD parents and guardians were sent two notices on Friday with information about parental consent requirements regarding a) prevention education for student safety, and b) students checking out library books at school. Continue reading for additional information. You can also find these notices in our "Documents" section under Letters to Parents/Guardians.
Prevention Education Notice
Parents/guardians should have received an email from Melissa ISD containing the following prevention education notice, which includes detailed information about this requirement and a links to a parental consent form.
- A completed parental consent form for prevention education is required for all Melissa ISD students and must be completed for each student in the household by Friday, Sept. 23, 2022.
- Parents and guardians who wish to preview the instructional content before completing the consent form can access this information by visiting this link: www.melissaisd.org/sb9.
- Questions regarding prevention education can be directed to Michele Austin, District Wellness Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Library Book Checkout Notice
Parents/guardians should have received an email from Melissa ISD containing the following library book checkout notice, which includes detailed information about this requirement and links to parental consent forms for each school.
- A completed parental consent form for library book checkout is required for Melissa ISD students in grades 5-12 and must be completed in order for the student to have permission to check out books outside of the standard juvenile collection in their school library.
- Parents/guardians of students in Pre-K and grades K-4 do not need to complete a consent form.
- Questions regarding library books can be directed to the school librarian:
- Melissa Ridge Education Center: Stacy Branam, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harry McKillop Elementary: Kaysi Cox, email@example.com
- North Creek Elementary: Stacy Branam, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Willow Wood Elementary: Lori Blanscet, email@example.com
- Sixth Grade Center: Jennifer Mathieson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Middle School: Cari Montgomery, email@example.com
- Melissa High School: Shana Nowlin, firstname.lastname@example.org