Parents and guardians of students entering Kindergarten this fall are encouraged to attend Kindergarten Round-Up on Thursday, April 21, 2022, to finalize their child’s enrollment at Melissa Schools. Kindergarten Round-Up is a come-and-go event that will be open from 12:00 to 6:00 p.m. at the Home Office, located at 1904 Cooper Street.
In addition to finalizing Kindergarten enrollment, families can meet the school principal, learn about special programs, register a student for bus service, and sign up for a school lunch account.
Prior to Kindergarten Round-Up, a custodial parent or guardian must complete the New Student Enrollment process online, which opened Friday, April 1, 2022 on the Melissa ISD website at www.melissaisd.org/enroll.
Note: Most of the Kindergarten enrollment steps can be completed online; however, there are some documents that must be completed in-person. If you are unable to attend Kindergarten Round-Up, you can finalize the enrollment process by scheduling an appointment with the campus registrar at the school your child will attend.
- Eligibility requirements for Kindergarten are as follows: the child must 1) turn five (5) years old on or before Sept. 1, 2022, and 2) reside within the Melissa ISD attendance boundaries.
- If your child attended the Melissa ISD Pre-K/ECSE program this year, they are considered a returning student; you do not need to complete New Student Enrollment for Kindergarten. Please attend Kindergarten Round-Up and provide your Proof of Residency to the elementary school your child is zoned to attend.
- Kindergarten students will attend one of three Melissa ISD elementary schools based on the attendance boundary zone in which they live; Proof of Residency documentation is required for enrollment.
- To learn more about Proof of Residency and determine which Melissa ISD elementary school your residence is zoned for, visit www.melissaisd.org/enroll.
How to Enroll Your Student in Kindergarten
- Visit the “New Student Enrollment” page at www.melissaisd.org/enroll.
- Confirm your child’s eligibility and elementary school attendance zone.
- Gather and scan/photograph all required documents listed in the “New Student Enrollment” overview.
- Complete the online enrollment process.
- Attend Kindergarten Round-Up on April 21, 2022 between 12:00 and 6:00 p.m. to finalize your child’s enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year.
Questions regarding Kindergarten enrollment can be directed to the campus registrar at the school your child will attend.