This letter was sent electronically to Melissa ISD employees and parents/guardians on Jan. 3, 2022. You can also find the PDF in our "Documents" section under Letters to Parents/Guardians.
Dear Cardinal Families,
I come to you today with a heart full of gratitude and hope, knowing that through the last two years, we have faced challenges head-on while meeting students where they are and sustaining our culture of academic success.
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought forth continued adversity and uncertainty in all areas of our lives; even still, at Melissa Schools, we have remained resolute in our commitment to making decisions that are in the best interest of all students and staff.
As we begin the second half of our school year and welcome students back to our campuses on Tuesday, Jan. 4, I ask for your trust in our leadership to be thoughtful and pragmatic in our decision-making as we work to create the safest-possible learning environment for our kids.
We do not flinch or divide when difficulties arise; instead, we move forward together - this is “The Cardinal Way”.
Melissa ISD will continue to monitor new information and official guidance related to COVID-19 at the local, state, and national levels. We are always listening and evaluating, and we will always communicate to you any major changes to our existing protocols as promptly as possible.
- As with any illness, if you suspect that your student is sick with COVID-19, please do not send them to school; we will work with you to ensure that your child’s education continues during their recovery.
- The Melissa ISD Onsite COVID-19 Testing Program is reopening Jan. 4, available to students and staff experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Drive-thru testing for symptomatic students/staff will be available Monday through Friday from 7:15 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. at the testing site near the Home Office.
- On-campus testing will be available in our nurses’ offices during school hours for students/staff who become symptomatic while on campus.
- Testing will be available while supplies last.
- For more information, visit www.melissaisd.org/covidtesting.
If your family has been impacted by COVID-19 in recent days or weeks, please know that I am thinking of you and praying for healing.
I feel it is important to acknowledge that these are trying times, and we are focused on the well-being of our entire student body. Thank you for your continued partnership and I look forward to seeing you soon.
Superintendent of Schools