If you were unable to attend Kindergarten Round-Up, you will need to complete online enrollment and then schedule an appointment with your student’s school beginning July 19, 2021 to finalize your student’s registration for the 2021-2022 school year.
Families with a child entering Kindergarten at Melissa ISD for the 2021-2022 school year are encouraged to attend Kindergarten Round-Up in May to finalize their student’s registration.
Melissa ISD Kindergarten Round-Up is scheduled for Tuesday, May 18, 2021 and Wednesday, May 19, 2021 from 12:00 to 6:00 p.m. at the Home Office, located at 1904 Cooper Street. This is a district-wide registration event serving all incoming Kindergarten students. Families may come and go, with no appointment necessary. Kindergarten Round-Up will offer information regarding Health Services, Student Transportation, and Special Programs.
The online enrollment process and the paper enrollment packet must be completed in advance of Kindergarten Round-Up. Online enrollment for Kindergarten is open now.
Kindergarten eligibility is for children who turn five (5) years old on or before Sept. 1, 2021 and reside in the Melissa ISD boundaries.
Updated Elementary Attendance Boundaries Expected in May
Beginning this fall, Melissa ISD Kindergarten students will attend one of three elementary schools – North Creek Elementary, Harry McKillop Elementary, or Willow Wood Elementary – depending on the attendance boundary zone in which they live.
How to Enroll Your Student in Kindergarten
- Melissa ISD uses an online enrollment system for students new to the district, called the Ascender Parent Portal.
- To begin online enrollment, visit the New Student Enrollment page.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to enroll your student online.
- Print a copy of the confirmation page – this will serve as proof of online enrollment.
- At the end of online enrollment, you will be prompted to print and complete a paper enrollment packet. If you are unable to print the packet, you may pick up a copy from the front office at the Melissa Ridge Education Center, North Creek Elementary, or Harry McKillop Elementary.
- To complete the enrollment process, a parent or guardian is encouraged to attend Kindergarten Round-Up. The parent or guardian must bring with them the proof of online enrollment, a completed enrollment packet, and copies of the following documents:
- child’s birth certificate,
- child’s social security card,
- child’s current immunization records,
- parent or guardian’s driver’s license, and
- a current utility bill as proof of residency in the Melissa ISD boundaries.
The Melissa ISD Kindergarten student enrollment process is considered complete when the district has obtained all of the following: 1) proof of online enrollment, 2) a completed paper enrollment packet, and 3) copies of all required documents.
Questions regarding Kindergarten Round-Up can be directed to Cami Luke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-386-2416.