The Melissa High School Lady Cardinals finished second overall at last week’s Melissa Track & Field Invitational. Additionally, Maddie Kane and Karrington Lewis each set new school records.
- Maddie Kane set a new school record, placing 1st in the 100mh with a time of 14.94, and ran her best 300mh time this season, finishing 1st.
- Karrington Lewis broke her school record in the 100m dash, with a time of 12.24, and placed 1st in the 100m and 200m dashes.
- Gill Gray placed 1st in the 400m dash and ran her personal best this year.
- Ariel Watson and Joy Sparks placed 3rd and 5th in the 400m dash.
- Skyla Mackey placed 6th in the 3200m run.
- Layne Williams placed 3rd in the 100mh and 3rd in the long jump.
- The Sprint relay and 800 relay team’s placed 4th.
- Hannah Tenney placed 2nd and Marissa Brunson placed 3rd in Pole Vault.
- Priscilla Adejokun placed 1st in Shot Put and 4th in Discus.
- The Mile Relay team, comprised of Charley Lane, Maddie Kane, Gill Gray and Karrington Lewis, dominated the field with a 1st place finishing time of 4:06.79.
Please join us in congratulating these student-athletes on their stellar performances!